- Nilsson S. Androgenic anabolic steroid use among male adolescents in Falkenberg. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1995;48:9-11.
- Nilsson S, Baigi A, Marklund B, Fridlund B. The prevalence of the use of androgenic anabolic steroids by adolescents in a county in Sweden. Eur J Pub Health 2001;11:195-7
- Nilsson S, Allebeck P, Marklund B, Baigi A, Fridlund B. An intervention program in order to prevent the misuse of androgenic anabolic steroids among adolescents. Accepted for publication in Health Promotional International 2003
- Nilsson S, Spak F, Marklund B, Baigi A, Allebeck P. Attitudes and behaviours with regards to androgenic anabolic steroids among male adolescents in a county in Sweden. Submitted.References
- Jacobsson J, Timpka T, Ekberg J, Kowalski J, Nilsson S and Renström P. Design of a protocol for large-scale epidemiological studies in individual sports: The Swedish Athletics study, Br J Sports Med, 2010 44: 1106-1111.
- Jacobsson J, Timpka T, Kowalski J, Nilsson S, Ekberg J, Renstrom P. Prevalence of musculoskeletal injuries in Swedish elite track and field athletes. The American journal of sports medicine. 2012;40(1):163-9.
- J Jacobsson, T Timpka, J Kowalski, S Nilsson, J Ekberg, Ö Dahlström, P Renström. Injury patterns in Swedish elite athletics: annual incidence, injury types and risk factors. Br J Sports Med 2013; 47:15 941-952.
- Timpka, T. Alonso JM, Jacobsson, J, et al. Consensus statement on injury and illness definitions and data collection procedures on epidemiological studies in Athletics (track and field). Br J Sports Med 2014;48:483–490.
- Edouard P, Jacobsson J, Timpka T, Alonso JM, Kowalski J, Nilsson S, et al. Extending in-competition Athletics injury and illness surveillance with pre-participation risk factor screening: A pilot study. Physical Therapy in Sports 16 (2015) 98-106.
- Timpka T, Jacobsson J, Dahlström Ö, Kowalski J, Bargoria V, Ekberg J, Nilsson S, Renström P. The psychological factor ‘self-blame’ predicts overuse injury in top level Swedish track and field athletes: a 12-month cohort study. Br J Sports Med. 2015 Nov;49(22):1472-7.
- Karlsson D, Timpka T, Jacobsson J, Alonso JM, Kowalski J, Nilsson S et al. Electronic data capture on athletes pre-partcipation health and in-competition injury and illness at major sports championships: An extended usability study in Athletics. Health Informatics J. 2016 Aug 8. pii: 1460458216661861.
Misuse of anabolic steroids in youth: Trends, attitudes and evaluation of an intervention programme. Göteborgs universitet/University of Gothenburg. 2003.