- Jacobsson J, Timpka T, Ekberg J, Kowalski J, Nilsson S and Renström P. Design of a protocol for large-scale epidemiological studies in individual sports: The Swedish Athletics study, Br J Sports Med, 2010 44: 1106-1111.
- Ekberg J, Timpka T, Ramel H, Valter L.Injury rates and risk-factors associated with eventing: a total cohort study of injury events among adult Swedish eventing athletes. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot. 2011 Dec;18(4):261-7.
- Jacobsson J, Timpka T, Kowalski J, Nilsson S, Ekberg J, Renstrom P. Prevalence of musculoskeletal injuries in Swedish elite track and field athletes. The American journal of sports medicine. 2012;40(1):163-9.
- Dahlström Ö, Backe S, Ekberg J, Janson S, Timpka T. Is ”football for all” safe for all? Cross-sectional study of disparities as determinants of 1-year injury prevalence in youth football programs. PLoS One. 2012;7(8):e43795.
- J Jacobsson, T Timpka, J Kowalski, S Nilsson, J Ekberg, Ö Dahlström, P Renström. Injury patterns in Swedish elite athletics: annual incidence, injury types and risk factors. Br J Sports Med 2013; 47:15 941-952.
- Ekberg J, Timpka T, Angbratt M, Frank L, Norén AM, Hedin L, Andersen E, Gursky EA, Gäre BA.Design of an online health-promoting community: negotiating user community needs with public health goals and service capabilities. BMC Health Serv Res. 2013 Jul 4;13:258.
- Ekberg J, Gursky EA, Timpka T. Pre-launch evaluation checklist for online health-promoting communities. J Biomed Inform. 2014 Feb;47:11-7.
- Timpka T, Jacobsson J, Bickenbach J, Finch CF, Ekberg J, Nordenfelt L. What is a sports injury? Sports Medicine. 2014 Apr;44(4):423-8.
- Timpka T, Janson S, Jacobsson J, Ekberg J, et al. Protocol Design for Large-Scale Cross-Sectional Studies of Sexual Abuse and Associated Factors in Individual Sports: Feasibility Study in Swedish Athletics. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2015) 14, 179-187
- Timpka T, Jacobsson J, Ekberg J et al. Review: Meta-narrative analysis of sports injury reporting practices based onthe Injury Definitions Concept Framework (IDCF): A review of consensus statements and epidemiological studies in athletics (track and field). J Sci Med Sport. 2015 Nov;18(6):643-50.
- Timpka T, Jacobsson J, Dahlström Ö, Kowalski J, Bargoria V, Ekberg J, Nilsson S, Renström P. The psychological factor ‘self-blame’ predicts overuse injury in top level Swedish track and field athletes: a 12-month cohort study. Br J Sports Med. 2015 Nov;49(22):1472-7.
- Roser LI, Timpka T, Ekberg J, Dahlström Ö, Jacobsson J. Young athletes’ health knowledge system: qualitative analysis of health learning processes in adolescent sportspersons. Scand J Med Sci Sports. Accepted Nov 2017.
- Jenny Jacobsson, Joakim Ekberg, Toomas Timpka, Lena Haggren Råsberg, Marina Sjöberg, Dejan Mirkovic, Sverker Nilsson. Developing web-based health guidance for coaches and parents in child athletics (track and field): participatory action research study based on best scientific evidence and sports practice. Accepted. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports 2020.